serves 8 - 10.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1/2 tsp vinegar)
1/2 cup oil
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 Ivéta Cranberry Spice Muffin Mix
1. In a mixing bowl add eggs, oil and buttermilk. Whisk until smooth.
2. Slowly add Muffin mix until all the dry mix is incorporated.
3. Add the walnuts to the batter.
4. Pour batter into a greased 9 inch cake pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Test by inserting toothpick into center of cake. If it comes out clean it is done.
Remove from oven. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a thin knife around the edge of the cake, remove it from the pan carefully and transfer to a platter.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
3-4 medium apples cut into 1/4 inch thick wedges
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter, sugar and cinnamon for about two minutes until sugar is almost completely dissolved.
2. Add apples and stir occasionally for 15 -20 minutes until soft and golden.
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend until cream is thick enough to stand a spoon in it. Serve.
Transfer the cake to a platter.
Top the cake with the apples and serve with whipped cream.
Ecommerce Web Site Design by Volusion.